Friday, January 18, 2013

Being Authentic

Courtesy of Freedigitalphotos.net

What does it mean to be authentic?

It seems the common formula for success online is as follows:
       1) Find your dream
       2) Set goals to reach your dream
       3) Follow through, meet your goals, and achieve your dream

Only it doesn't always work.

Maybe my problem is that I don't know my dream. Maybe I have too many dreams. But I really think my issue is that I don't know how to be ME.

I've spent many dollars and many hours buying and reading all kinds of materials on how to be successful. How to write the best blog post to grab readers. How to create landing pages that encourage customers to sign-up and buy. And over and over, I find myself trying to be someone else, to emulate someone else's method and success.

And the only thing I am now is TIRED. 

So I'm going to try a new experiment. I'm just going to be me and have fun on this blog. I'll write about girly stuff, spiritual stuff, sporty fun and adventures, art and music, home and nurturing, and even some whimsical fun. 

I hope some folks will come along for the ride. I won't be thinking about how to frame my posts to include all the right keywords. I won't be worried about how many subscribers I have. I won't even worry if I get no comments. I just want to be REAL. 

Here's to authenticity!! 

Do you have trouble knowing how to be yourself, or is it easy for you to find your own way? Share in the comments! 

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment